[Kde-extra-gear] Re: snapshots of extragear modules

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò dgp85 at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 9 10:55:41 CEST 2004

Klas Kalaß wrote:
> Appaerently someone put snapshots of the KDE Extragear modules on KDE ftp
> server.
If they are only CVS Daily Snapshots, I think it's all right. They are not
releases at all, only an image of the CVS repository in the moment of the
snapshot. Can be useful for developers, if they have a connection only with
proxy (so they can't use CVS) or for users which wants to try the bleeding
edge (as Pedersen said), but don't want to use CVS to get the sources (it's a
CPU-intensive task, and even more if you don't update frequently).
Instead, I think that we should fix the missing of kdeextragear-3 module, so
all the modules can be downloaded via ftp instead of download all the CVS
content.

Obviously this is all IMHO.
--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò