[Kde-extra-gear] Re: [K3b-user] K3b 0.11 message freeze

gkanis at cems.umn.edu gkanis at cems.umn.edu
Thu Jan 22 16:48:27 CET 2004

> I will release K3b 0.11 this week since I simply cannot wait anymore. ;) I
> think this is not a problem since the translation are in a separate package
> anyway and we still have the 0 in front of our version. ;)

I am wondering, why is the version 0.11? I will guess that a more appropriate
number could  be 2.01. I consider the implementation of dvd burning a major
breakthrough which changed the version number from 1 to 2.
Moreover, for someone who does not know what k3b is (I doubt if there is
any ;-) ) will assume that K3b 0.11 is a premature version of K3b with many
bugs. The code of K3b is being heavily under development, etc. But, as we all
know, it is not. There are a couple of bugs, which are getting fixed, but
beside that K3b is a stable, fully functional program.

BTW, since I am Greek, I could do the Greek translation of K3b handbook.

Vasilis