[Kde-extra-gear] Porting Digikam core to KDE CVS...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Thu Apr 29 16:24:00 CEST 2004

Le Jeudi 29 Avril 2004 16:04, Klas Kalaß a écrit :
> Am Donnerstag, 29. April 2004 15:51 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> > hi all,
> >
> > I'm a Digikam project developper and co-coordinator. I work actually on
> > Digikamplugins port to LIBKIPI with Jesper K. Pedersen and Aurelien
> > Gateau.
> >
> > Digikam is a Photo managment program who support Digital camera via
> > Gphoto2. More informations about digikam are available at this URL :
> >
> > http://digikam.sourceforge.net/about.html
> >
> > In according with the Digikamplugins porting tasks, the Digikam core must
> > be fixed for to use LIBKIPI. For this task and for the next Digikam core
> > developments, I hope port the 'Digikam3' sourceforge.net CVS module to
> > KDE CVS on KEG module.
> >
> > Someone can help me ?
>
> Hi Gilles,
>
> Are the instructions on extragear.kde.org enough? Basically, you need to
> get the ok to join the Extra Gear.

Yes, I have read the KEG 'about' and 'docs' web page and the instructions.
It's all right for me...

> That one is quite easy actually: You only have to state that you consider
> your program to be stable or nearly stable

Yes, Digikam 0.6.2 is ready for release in a near future. This is the current
stable source.

> and that you will comply to the
> KDE "rules" and that you will maintain your program.

Yes. I'm the co-coordinator of Digikam and the main digikamplugins
contributor/maintenor ( http://digikam.sourceforge.net/plugins.html ). The
main coordinator, Renchi Raju is very busy at work and he will comeback in
the future (probably later this summer). I will inform him by IM or mail
about the Digikam KEG port status...

> Please note that unmaintained programs might be removed from the Extra
> Gear. And please read the documentation page on extragear.org.

Already done...

> Since you are already working closely with existing apps in the Extra Gear,
> you may ask for a specific module to go to. If you don't care about it,
> then it will mean kdeextragear-3.

KEG-3 is OK for me... I have already an account on KDE CVS : 'cgilles'...

> Regards,
>   Klas

regards
--