[Kde-extra-gear] Website

Jeroen Wijnhout wijnhout at science.uva.nl
Tue May 13 10:14:45 CEST 2003

> Am Montag, 12. Mai 2003 20:28 schrieb Jeroen Wijnhout:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Recently I put Kile (LaTeX editor) into kdeextragear-2, I was just
> > wondering why nobody had there "main" homepage on extragear.kde.org.
> > Usually there is a link to the "real" homepage on extragear.kde.org.
> >
> > Is it a problem to have your main homepage on extragear.kde.org. If not,
> > where can I put the tarballs on the server, so users can download them?
> It is probably better if you ask for a place on devel-home.kde.org where you
> can have the main homepage. I believe sysadmin at kde.org is the "person" to
> talk to.

Sounds like a good idea.

> Of course you can use that as dumping ground for the releases and use the
> extra gear page as main homepage if you wish to do so (but then you'd have to
> stick to the KDE design). Please contact me offlist if you need
> infrastructure support for having a main application homepage on
> extragear.kde.org.
>
> Regards,
>   Klas
>
> Btw: I am very happy to have kile in extragear now, I have been following that
> app for a long time!

Great! You know we can always use some help (documentation, webmaster,
translating, testing, coding etc.).

I will contact you offlist if I have any website specific questions.

thanks,
Jeroen

--
 Jeroen S. Wijnhout, PhD student  (wijnhout at science.uva.nl)
 Institute for Theoretical Physics, University of Amsterdam