[Kde-extra-gear] Re: Re: release cycles

Klas Kalass kde-extra-gear@mail.kde.org
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 04:38:19 +0100

--Boundary-02=_wuHR+t8eSslmgF9

Am Freitag, 7. Februar 2003 23:50 schrieb Aurelien Gateau:
> Klas Kalass wrote:
> > I second that. I will probably write a letter to their ML in a few days.
> > Do you think we should also make a story on dot.kde.org? For that I wou=
ld
> > prefer to have a status for more applications, though.
>
> I totaly agree: let's get the app info up to date and publish a nice
> article on the dot.
Good, so everyone: Please update your release info. And if you have release=
d a=20
version in the past and do not plan a new release yet, then please update t=
he=20
current version.

If you need assistance (or your app is not on the website yet) please conta=
ct=20
me.

> >> It
> >> would also be good to describe our "policy" on the website.
> >
> > OK, I added a small info on the about page. And then there is the Docs
> > page where I put a reminder for what to do when an app is released.
> > Please everybody feel free to add whatever you see fit.
>
> This is nice. While we are at it, I never understood why there was a limit
> in the number of applications in extra gear modules? Is there a real
> reason? If so, it would be good to add this to the "About" page.
RTFM: http://extragear.kde.org/home/about.php ;-)
(Yes you are right - I just added it:)

> Another nice little thing would be to design a "Member of Extra Gear"
> banner button. This would be put on each application website to link to
> http;//kde.org/extragear.
Great - you just got yourself a new job :-)
But honestly - this is a great idea and am looking forward to proposals.

Klas