[Kde-extra-gear] release cycles

Klas Kalass kde-extra-gear@mail.kde.org
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:21:00 +0100

--Boundary-02=_tA7P+jTJLWq7KJQ

Hi all,

There seems to be an ongoing complaint from some translators that there is =
no=20
release cycle for the entire Extra Gear. Would it be feasable to offer them=
=20
some kind of "bulk releases"? I.e. that we say something like:

"The apps do not have their own release cycle, but rather are released as a=
=20
bulk.
Every 3 months there is a bulk release and 2 months prior to that date the=
=20
apps that will be in that bulk are nominated. One month prior to bulk=20
release, i18n freeze is in effect.
Outside of a bulk there will not be any releases."

What are your opinions on this? Does it sound good/bad? Or do you think we=
=20
should keep the current procedure?

Regards,
  Klas