[Kde-extra-gear] Re: Fwd: Re: kdeextragear in kde-i18n

Klas Kalass kde-extra-gear@mail.kde.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:59:39 +0100

Note: I do not follow kde-i18n-doc, so please "reply to all" .

Am Mittwoch, 27. November 2002 10:09 schrieb Thomas Diehl:
> [...]
IMHO that would not improve a lot compared to packaging all translations with
the application (which is the current state).

> for the entire extragear stuff (extragear-i18n-de.tar.bz2,
> extragear-i18n-fr.tar.bz2,...). Otherwise, it would just mean a lot of
That would defeat the purpose of the extragear to decouple the applications
from each other to a certain degree.

> work for a ridiculous size.
Hmmm, I am not sure if it really makes a lot of work - for who? I am not
suggesting making these packages by hand, they would be generated
automatically. Nothing should change for the translators and ideally not for
the packagers either.

But thinking about it, for people wanting to repackage the tgz into deb or rpm
it might mean extra work, so you are probably right.

Thanks a lot for your comments, that saves me a lot of (useless) work :-)

And Thomas: Thanks for forwarding!

Klas