[Kde-extra-gear] KDE-extragear should follow the same release cycle than the other KDE modules

Charles de Miramon kde-extra-gear@mail.kde.org
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 16:01:04 +0100

Hello,

I've been translating cdbakeoven in French for KDE 3.1=20
I've found to my great displeasure that after the message freeze and the=20
tagging of KDE 3.1, the gui of cdbakeoven has again moved and that one we=
ek=20
before the release the developper is busy refactoring his application in =
the=20
CVS.

The sorry result will be that the application released will not be=20
synchronized with my translation and the gui in French will be partly bog=
us.

KDE extragear is now included in the translation process of KDE and shoul=
d=20
follow the same release cycle. If the developpers want to modify their=20
applications during the feature freeze or the message freeze they should =
do=20
it on their hard disk or on a special branch of cvs. If you don't follow =
a=20
strict freeze policy it is impossible to translate correctly your=20
applications and test them. We can not also write documentation for a=20
shifting target.

I hope this will be corrected for 3.1.1...

Cheers,
Charles
--=20
cmiramon@kde-france.org