[Kde-extra-gear] cvs2pkg script

Klas Kalass kde-extra-gear@mail.kde.org
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 12:33:52 +0200

Am Sunday 21 July 2002 10:56 schrieb Sebastian Stein:
> Klas Kalass <klas.kalass@gmx.de> [020721 10:29]:
> > What I think we really need is a script that makes the directory of the
> > application the main directory. I will try to work on that tomorrow, but
> > meanwhile I think you should add your script.
>
> What do you mean by that? My script is just for making a package (gz, bz2)
> of the current CVS version of one app. Not more not less.
I was not criticizing you or you script, I just pointed out that the approa=
ch=20
taken by cvs2pack and cvs2pkg.sh of preserving the structure of having a=20
toplevel "module" dir and underneath a toplevel "app" dir is problematic, a=
s=20
Till Gerkens pointed out on kde-devel yesterday. At least it breaks the=20
debian build system.=20

Klas