[Kde-extra-gear] Re: kcpuload/knetload - where to import?

Klas Kalass kde-extra-gear@mail.kde.org
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 14:08:16 +0100

Am Sonntag, 29. Dezember 2002 13:29 schrieb Ben Burton:
> > But I do not think that the scripts directory needs to be symlinked o=
> > copied or whatever. It holds some helperscripts for extragear in gene=
ral.
> > And anyone who wants it without the rest of extragear-1 can easily do
> > 'cvs co kdeextragear-1/scripts' .
>
> Sure, but if you're working in kdeextragear-2 you'll already have that
> module checked out (AIUI), so it's more convenient if scripts is
> automatically included and you don't have to check out stuff from
> extragear-1 as well.
>
> Would it hurt just to have a symlink, for convenience's sake? :)
hmm, if you *really* want it then go for it but I do not see the big=20
advantage. After all, everybody who needs only one extragear module can i=
ssue=20
the above command or a variation thereof (like 'cd kdeextragear-2 && cvs =
co=20
-d scripts kdeextragear-1/scripts' ) which once issued would have the sam=
e=20
effect as a server-side symlink - when you update kdeextragear-2 then scr=
ipts=20
will be updated too. But a server side symlink would mean that anyone who=
=20
wants to have all extragear modules will have scripts multiple times, whi=
ch=20
is unnecessary. So, please don't :)

Klas