[Kde-events] [Randa] Let the organization begin

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Thu Dec 30 13:24:27 CET 2010

Morning all of you

From now on I'll prepend all my emails related to the organization of the
Randa meeting with "[Randa]". And sorry for the delay of this email. The
christmas time took more time than expected.

But now on to the organizational stuff as it's only five month to the meeting.

The first and foremost thing is to a setup web frontend where once can
register for the meeting. A short web form with information about the name,
email address, project, country, language, food preferences, dates, 2-3 items
about stuff they want to achieve at the meeting, group, etc. Anybody good in
web stuff?

As I'm still waiting for an answer of the e.V. board about sponsoring let's
delay this a bit.

Another thing is a page on community.kde.org I'd like to have where all the
general Randa meeting stuff (how do I get there, where is it, what is it) is
located. And links to the pages of the single meeting pages. Most of the
general stuff is already there and needs to be rearranged.

Art: Last year David Vignoni (hope to write the name correctly) did some nice
stuff for us. Could anybody contact him for this year and probably even a
general logo?

And I need contact person for the three different groups (Nepomuk, Multimedia,
KDevelop) to talk and delegate. I hope the following three are the right ones:
- Aleix Pol for KDevelop
- Sebastian Trueg for Nepomuk
- Mark Kretschmann for Multimedia
Could you three shortly introduce your idea what you want to achieve at the
meeting or tell us the main topic for your project at the meeting?

This year I'd like to do (or try) again an Open Day at the meeting when and
where interested people could come and visit us and see what we do. Some
presentation for novices would be great and I'd like to conclude the day with
an Open Cinema evening with free and open (short) movies for us and the
locals. But this topic is not yet that urgent.

So what did I forget for the first email???

And I wish all a happy New Year
Mario