[Kde-events] [kde-ev-marketing] KDE Handboek

Wendy Van Craen wendy.vancraen at kde.org
Fri Feb 13 09:04:00 CET 2009

If someone puts the master version online on a server somewhere, I can have
a look at the teksts...  But I not alknowing so might need some help in
this...

I would group the general KDE-knowledge in the "KDE handbook" (things that
stay representative for years) and make seperate leaflets with new
"inventions".  This way we can have a large amount of the "Handbook" printed
and make the smaller leaflets "print on demand".

If there isn't a master version, than we seriously have to start working on
a totaly new version...

greetz
Wendy

2009/2/12 Riccardo Iaconelli <riccardo at kde.org>

> On Tuesday 10 February 2009 14:39:29 Claudia Rauch wrote:
> > 2009/2/10 Wendy Van Craen <wendy.vancraen at kde.org>:
> > > At Fosdem we had some really awesome How-to-brochures for users, called
> > > "KDE handbook".
> >
> > The booklets were made by the Indian KDE people for FOSS.in. Ade
> > brought the box along with him.
> >
> > > It would be great if we could also have those at CeBit.    We only had
> > > about 100 pieces (estimation) at Fosdem.  Was that all that was
> printed?
> > >  Or were there more?
> >
> > No, there were a lot more printed than that. I already spoke to
> > Pradeepto about this. He will send me a couple of boxes. I hope we
> > will manage to get them here before CeBIT.
>
> If they're the same that we saw over at Tokamak, I think we can put some
> work on
> refining the text and/or the artwork. The text in some point was looking
> quite
> outdated (merely copied from KDE 4 pillars' websites) and not very
> professional.
> At least I remember the part about Oxygen which was a bit... well... not
> very
> great. That would mean people to work on texts though, not sure if I can
> help in
> that.
>
> Bye,
> -Riccardo
> --
> GPG key:
> 3D0F6376
> When encrypting, please encrypt also for this subkey:
> 9EBD7FE1
> -----
> Pace Peace Paix Paz Frieden Pax Pokój Friður Fred Béke 和平
> Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch שלום
> Shanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sulh Mir Py'guapy 평화

Wendy Van Craen
KDE Marketing Working Group
+32 497 136 320

IRC CRAEW