[Kde-events] Hey dude, what's that, KDE? Some random notes about CeBit.

Wendy Van Craen wendy.vancraen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 13:49:13 CET 2008

Hi ,

If I were living in Germany, I would love to step up for next CeBIT fairs.
Fortunately I am not, but Bart (Steccino) and me are probably willing to
help on next years fair.

About the Business-oriented folders...  I see an opportunity to do a
brainstorming about this on Akademy2008 (BOF-session), though I know that
there already is a folder, it is never bad to think big(ger).  I suggest
I'll try to organise a BOF on this issues (promo in general) and we should
all search for the best solutions.

Also a great Idea would be kind of a road-book, in which you can find all
necessary information on who to contact, merchandising prices, etcetera to
put in the Booth box.  I will start working on this asap (though probably
not very soon, since I also have Akademy...)

greetz
Wendy

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Torsten Rahn <torsten.rahn at credativ.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Monday 10 March 2008 18:40:55 Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> > point fingers. I'd just like to improve the experience for both -
> visitors
> > and us staying at the booth.
>
> Well actually I hadn't planned to coordinate CeBIT fairs this year
> anymore.
> I'd highly appreciate it if someone else would step up next year to take
> care
> of the coordination. That being said I'm very well aware that this would
> require guidance from me, so if you feel like jumping in next year feel
> free
> to speak up.
>
> > realize that we do this in our spare time. 99% of the people standing
>
> Yes, and once people realize or know that people spend their spare time
> they
> ask "Why are you here at all? - What does it give for KDE?" :-)
>
> > It would have been nice to have more merchandising available, like
> t-shirts
> > which we did not have at all.
>
> I hope that once the KDE e.V. will have an office in Frankfurt these
> things
> will get better organised.
>
> While I think I had things "remotely" under control until Friday I'd like
> apologize for dropping the ball until Sunday morning. Therefore I feel bad
> that you guy had to improvise a bit in the end (especially wrt shipment of
> the boothbox). On the other hand improvisation is a bit of a necessary
> evil
> on such events.
>
> Regards,
>
> Torsten
>
> --
>  Torsten Rahn
>
>  Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192
>
> credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
> Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
> Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz

Wendy Van Craen
wendyvancraen.blogspot.com