[Kde-events] Hey dude, what's that, KDE? Some random notes about CeBit.

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Mon Mar 10 21:45:23 CET 2008

Hi,

On Monday 10 March 2008 18:40:55 Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> point fingers. I'd just like to improve the experience for both - visitors
> and us staying at the booth.

Well actually I hadn't planned to coordinate CeBIT fairs this year anymore.
I'd highly appreciate it if someone else would step up next year to take care
of the coordination. That being said I'm very well aware that this would
require guidance from me, so if you feel like jumping in next year feel free
to speak up.

> realize that we do this in our spare time. 99% of the people standing

Yes, and once people realize or know that people spend their spare time they
ask "Why are you here at all? - What does it give for KDE?" :-)

> It would have been nice to have more merchandising available, like t-shirts
> which we did not have at all.

I hope that once the KDE e.V. will have an office in Frankfurt these things
will get better organised.

While I think I had things "remotely" under control until Friday I'd like to
apologize for dropping the ball until Sunday morning. Therefore I feel bad
that you guy had to improvise a bit in the end (especially wrt shipment of
the boothbox). On the other hand improvisation is a bit of a necessary evil
on such events.

Regards,

Torsten

--
 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz