[Kde-events] Hey dude, what's that, KDE? Some random notes about CeBit.

Lydia Pintscher lydia.pintscher at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 22:10:06 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Frederik Gladhorn
<frederik.gladhorn at gmx.de> wrote:
>  Things that could be added: I had a kid of maybe 12 yrs that wanted to know
>  how to get KDE4 into opensuse, that was way cool I thought.

Hehe yea. I had a very smart girl at the booth as well - maybe 13 or
14. Was good to see her and I hope I was able to encourage her at
least a little to go on tinkering with technology and free software.

>  Oh, and on the sorry side - amarok and kde booths were too far away from each
>  other, it would have been easier to help each other out if they were closer.

Jep. It would have been a lot better to be nearer to each other. Maybe
we would have had internets at the Amarok booth then :P
I would not mention this in the article for the dot though.

Another sad thing: Mike has been missing for 2 days and one of our
shirts was stolen (locked away in a room for exibitors). It is sad to
see this happening despite security being around. Well this will teach
us for next time. Is it naive to believe that this would not have
happened like this at a "community event"?

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher