[Kde-events] KDE at CeBIT 2008 (next week)

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Sat Mar 1 21:27:08 CET 2008

Hi,

On Saturday 01 March 2008 18:17:27 Dominik Haumann wrote:
> I was at the CeBIT KDE booth last year. And it just happened that someone
> interested in KDE mailed me, that he enjoyed the talk last year and will
> look at the KDE booth this year again :) For me it was rather a surprise,
> but hey, why shouldn't we send such emails ourselves?

Unfortunately we are _extremely_ short on staff this year. I have asked about
30 people directly in total so far and we have blogged about the upcoming
event.
Inspite of these efforts there are only very few volunteers this year which
results in about maybe 1-2 people in average who will be staffing the booth
per day. I personally expect there to be a huge interest in KDE 4, so I'd be
happy if "the staff" manages to keep things under control at all instead of
taking attention to writing down stuff.
By the way: we still have about 2 beds free for accomodation every day. So if
you are from Germany and if you'd like to help us at CeBIT please drop us a
note and enter your name into the Wiki. Travel costs will get reimbursed if
you staff the booth for a day:

http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=CEBIT2008