[Kde-events] Linux-Info-Tag 2008, Dresden

Lydia Pintscher lydia.pintscher at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 15:39:20 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 20:45, Stefan Majewsky <majewsky at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> who is responsible for the calendar on events.kde.org? It seems to be reading
> from non-free Google Calendars. Whoever has access, please insert the Linux-
> Info-Tag 2008, which will be taking place on November 8, 2008 in Dresden
> (link: www.linux-info-tag.de).
>
> Thanks,
> Stefan

Hi,

as you can see at the bottom of http://events.kde.org/upcoming.php you
are asked to write to the kde.promo list to get your events added.
This worked very very well so far.

As to who can add events: me, Claudia, danimo, Riddell and aseigo so
far have access. The reason why we ask people to send their event info
to kde-promo is that this way people can find volunteers to help them
and the response time to requests is a lot higher than when a single
person is asked to add something to the calendar. I can give access to
others if needed.

As to why we decided to use Google calendar as a backend for this: It
is the most convenient thing we found for the people who will actually
be addings things. Meaning: Claudia and me. It is just a backend and
can be switched if necessary.

I will add your event in a minute. Please also provide a short
description. Will there only be a booth? Will someone be giving a
talk?

Cheers
Lydia

--