[Kde-events] LinuxTag dot-story

Alexandra Leisse alexandra at untangled.biz
Wed Jun 4 21:43:31 CEST 2008

Hello folks!

Roland and me put together a lovely dot-story to make you all happy.
Please have a look at it, make suggestions and correct any possible
mistake.

And please be nice, it's terribly hot here. ;-)

Thanks!
Alexandra

===

*KDE at LinuxTag 2008 in Berlin*

KDE was quite busy at LinuxTag this year. We showed presence with two
booths - Amarok and KDE - and a whole bunch of talks within our own
track. Additionall, Aaron Seigo gave a brilliant keynote on wednesday
and painted a vibrant vision of the desktop of the future in a mobile
world, and the direction KDE is going to head to.

*Talks*

Sebastian Kügler was track opener on Friday morning with an
introduction to KDE 4.0. As Sebatian Trueg couldn't make it to Berlin
Aaron jumped in again and talked about [the Plasma basics I think]. He
was followed by Till Adam who presented the possibilities of Akonadi's
storage concept and the future of KDE's Personal Information
Management suite.

After lunch Ellen Reitmeyer talked about usability concepts in KDE and
the efforts the team undertakes to incorporate them with the desktop
and the applications. Franz Keferboeck gave an overwiew over KOffice's
apps and introduced the audience to the new features KOffice 2 will
come along with. The final applause went to Lydia Pintscher and Harald
Sitter for their talk on KDE multimedia [and Amarok2].

*Booths*

Both booths were well manned and even better visited. The interested
crowd asked zillions of questions and was very eager to see the newest
and latest features, goodies and bling of KDE 4.1. Other visitors came
by to share ideas or suggestions, and altogether they gave a wonderful
feedback. The booth staff talked their heads off patiently and tried
to answer all questions, satisfy everyone's curiosity and sometimes
even find a solution to the users' problems that popped up once in a
while. The booth staff was also supported most of the time by some of
the developers who did a great job dealing with bug reports right at
the booth.

Many thanks to all who helped and supported us and make this LinuxTag possible.