[Kde-events] logistic website KDE-promo

Wendy Van Craen wendy.vancraen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:01:07 CET 2007

Hi,

Whenever I'm reading the promo- or events-mailinglist, I can always
find thesame problems in organising the event: the logistics:

- which promotional items are available?
- where to get them?
- who to contact?
- how to get them on the event
- ...  and so on ...

I think that things would become lots easier if we constructed sort
of a logistic website.  What's on the website?

- all available merchandising
- all available flyers, banners, flags
- boothbox (and what's in it)
-  ...  everything that has to do with the logistic part of
organising a KDE-event or booth

This way it would we very easy to see how much merchandising-stock is
left, which were the more popular and which weren't.
It would also be possible to see which visibility-materials/boothox
aren't in use at the moment or on which event they are and when they
will return.

Offcourse I know that there will be some maintenance needed to keep
the site up to date.  But this would make things SO much easier for
people who which to organise a KDE-event.

Maybé the website could work with kind of a login-system, so you can
for instance only see on which event the boothbox/ ... went, but not
the confidential information of the person who "ordered" the
materials.  The confidential information is only seen by the website
administrator(s), who'll also be in charge of the shipping and
stocking of the materials.  So the right information gets to the
right people immediately.

I'm not saying we should change the way of handling the shipping and
ordering of these event-promo-stuff.  I'm just saying we should
really consider of changing the way how to contact the people who are
in charge of these things.

I seriously think it could save a lot of time in searching and asking
around on the KDE-sites and -mailinglists.

Greetings,

Wendy Van Craen
wendy.vancraen at gmail.com

http://wendyvancraen.blogspot.com/