[Kde-events] [kde-promo] SpreadKDE's approach

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Mar 15 22:06:34 CET 2007

CC:ing kde-events :-)

Looks like a really good plan, Pier-Olivier, nice detailed work!

On Thursday 15 March 2007 19:08:27 Pier-Olivier Thibault wrote:
> I think that you guys were right tho on the close community where we wanted
>  to approve every subscription. I actually changed that and everybody can
> now subscribe without having to be approved by a moderator. Once you are
> subscribed, you can access the Event team's homepage.

Did you already work out what information will be visible, and what won't be?

I can imagine the following split:

visible:
	- general event information (such as date, location)
	- TODOs, open tasks for this event

hidden for non-subscribers:
	- staff information (who'll be there and so on)
	- strategic stuff such as "what do we tell the people?" (I've an example for
	  a staff handout on my disk, if you're interested, I can send it)
	- details how the boothbox will be handled

So the split between public and not-so-public information is based on privacy
of the data and strategic value. It's no really top-secret stuff, but hiding
it from search engines makes sense. :-)

The rest of the plan looks awesome.
--
sebas

Everyone complains of his memory, no one of his judgement.