[Kde-events] Linuxtag 2007

Joerg Hoh joerg at joerghoh.de
Mon Jun 4 10:29:32 CEST 2007

Hi

A small review from my point of view:

* the official number of visitors is about 9600 for the whole 4 days, which is
pretty small. But it may be even high, my personal guess was much lower; the
booths weren't crowded and not so much people were wandering around around.
(There was another fair in parallel, and I don't know how they distinguished
the visitors, I only saw one entrance.)

* We had 3 stations where we showed KDE (1 KDE 4 desktop, one KDE 4 on Mac OS
X, one showing KDE 3.5); it was obvious that the KDE 4 desktop was most
crowded; I think it was one of the most interesting things on the Linuxtag,
we were steadily presenting the features of this version. KDE 4 on Mac was
also interesting to many visitors showing our confession to portability. Next
time we should focus on more KDE 4 machines.

* Due to the lack of KDE 4 promo material we had to repeat the features of KDE
4 many times. On the next event we urgently need KDE 4 posters and flyers
showing the benefits of it.

* It's crucial to get hard statements about delivery times to the fair ground.
Noone of us was there at about 9:30 at the fair ground on the second setup
day, so the delivery service guy picked it up again and we couldn't reach him
the whole day, so the boothbox was delivered on the first day of the event
itself :-(

* Try to get a hotel near to the event. The agency where I booked the rooms
sent us to a hotel 45 minutes away from the Messe Berlin. Next time we should
do better.

Some facts already known about Linuxtag 2008:

It will be again in Berlin, and the deadlines will be much earlier then (I
heared something about January 1st for call for projects).

Jörg

--
What did you do to the cat? It looks half-dead. -Schroedinger's wife