[Kde-events] FOSDEM Hotels

Fabrice Mous kde-events@mail.kde.org
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 20:59:24 +0100

Rob,

Great that you inform us about these possiblities.=20

I'll arrange my own accomodations because the prices you mention are a bi=
t=20
high for me. Although I would like to suggest that we exchange some info =
like=20
phone-numbers because I also would like to hang out in Brussels with you=20
guys.

For the interested:

I found a youthhostel which has rooms for 1 person to 14 persons a room,=20
shower included and sometimes toilet as well. It is a 15 min walk from =20
"Grote Markt" (center of Brussels). The youthhostel can be acces whole ni=
ght=20
with the use of a special code for the door.

"Jeugdherberg  Jacques Brel"=20
Zavelstraat 30=20
1000=20
telnr 02 218 0187=20
fax   02 217 2005
mail: brussels.brel@laj.be

I'm doing this and let's say that anyone who is interested can contact Ro=
b=20
Kaper or me. (right Rob?)=20

grtz'

Fab

> I am ready to make some hotel reservations for FOSDEM.
>
> FOSDEM will sponsor one hotel room for the main speaker, so David shoul=
d be
> settled, unless he prefers to stay with the rest of KDE.
>
> I expect to pay 160 euro for a double (for two nights), so that comes t=
o 40
> euro a night per person. I myself will be staying for two nights (Fri/S=
at)
> and leave on Sunday.
>
> Youth hostels will be cheaper than a weekend arrangement in a hotel, ex=
cept
> 20 EUR for a double per night. Hotels have more liberal opening hours,
> though, which might come in handy with your plans for travel and
> socializing.
>
> I will ask the eV for a possible compensation for the hotel costs. Comp=
ared
> to the Etap prices of LinuxTag last year I doubt I can arrange full
> compensation, although both the duration and number of people are small=
er,
> so who knows what is possible. I will try to get a compensation of 40 E=
UR
> each, which would be sufficient for the hostel or as a 50% discount for=
> hotel room.
>
> Please e-mail *me* (kaper@kde.org, not the list) or call/SMS *me* (+31 =
6
> 24569055) if you'd like me to make a reservation for you at mentioned
> prices. Martijn (Klingens) and I have good experiences which Radisson S=
AS.