[Kde-events] FOSDEM Hotels

Rob Kaper kde-events@mail.kde.org
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:59:32 +0100

I am ready to make some hotel reservations for FOSDEM.

FOSDEM will sponsor one hotel room for the main speaker, so David should be
settled, unless he prefers to stay with the rest of KDE.

I expect to pay 160 euro for a double (for two nights), so that comes to 40
euro a night per person. I myself will be staying for two nights (Fri/Sat)
and leave on Sunday.

Youth hostels will be cheaper than a weekend arrangement in a hotel, except
20 EUR for a double per night. Hotels have more liberal opening hours,
though, which might come in handy with your plans for travel and
socializing.

I will ask the eV for a possible compensation for the hotel costs. Compared
to the Etap prices of LinuxTag last year I doubt I can arrange full
compensation, although both the duration and number of people are smaller,
so who knows what is possible. I will try to get a compensation of 40 EUR
each, which would be sufficient for the hostel or as a 50% discount for a
hotel room.

Please e-mail *me* (kaper@kde.org, not the list) or call/SMS *me* (+31 6
24569055) if you'd like me to make a reservation for you at mentioned
prices. Martijn (Klingens) and I have good experiences which Radisson SAS.
Another option might be Novotel (120 EUR, you won't find cheaper weekend
rates) but I have not checked availability for that one yet.

I cannot guarantee I will make arrangements for the hostel, but am willing
to invest time in it in case it is by far the preferred option.

If you are planning to come to FOSDEM, please fill in and reply:

Preferred accomodation:

[] I'll arrange my own accomodations.
[] Youth hostel.
   [] I'm willing to upgrade to Novotel if you can arrange 40 euro.
   [] I'm willing to upgrade to Radisson SAS if you can arrange 40 euro.
[] Novotel.
   [] I'm willing to upgrade to Radisson SAS if you can arrange 40 euro.
   [] I'm willing to downgrade to the hostel for social purposes.
[] Radisson SAS.
   [] I'm willing to downgrade to Novotel for social purposes.
   [] I'm willing to downgrade to the hostel for social purposes.

Me: I prefer Radisson SAS, but am willing to downgrade to Novotel.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | Gimme some love, gimme some skin,
cap@capsi.com | if we ain't got that then we ain't got much