[kde-embedded] Looking for KDE/Qt developers to participate in ELC EU Conference

Johan Thelin e8johan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 08:17:17 UTC 2018

I'll submit a talk. If I get accepted, I can help out.

(barging in a bit here, but I've just changed my work setup, so I can
contribute more now)

Best regards,

Johan

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 10:12 AM Paul Brown <paul.brown at kde.org> wrote:

> On martes, 19 de junio de 2018 12:26:03 (CEST) Paul Brown wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > We have managed to become Community Partners of the Linux Foundation's
> ELC
> > EU conference:
> >
> > https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/elce-2018/
>
> Sorry, incorrect link. This is the correct one:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/elc-openiot-europe-2018/
>

> > We are pushing to have a booth to show off mobile and embedded KDE
> > technologies to a receptive crowd. Agustín is going and will be talking
> > about KDE/Qt in Automotive and embedded. If you know Agustín, you will
> also
> > know he can more than hold his own in this area
> >
> > However, I think the mobile side of things would be under-represented.
> Aleix
> > has submitted a talk, and, although he can also help out at the booth, it
> > may be a good idea to try and boost KDE's mobile tech with this crowd and
> > have some more developers deliver talks and show demos about other
> embedded
> > KDE tech, Kirigami, Halium, Plasma Mobile, etc.
> >

> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/elc-openiot-europe-2018/program/
> > cfp/?utm_source=lf&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=elceu18
> >
> > This could help bring in new contributors from beyond our community and
> > maybe attract sponsors from companies that usually attend these events.
> >
> > Full disclosure: speakers get in free to the event, but procuring travel
> and
> > accommodation is not mentioned, so I assume it will be on us.
> >
> > We have a task up at https://phabricator.kde.org/T8170 if you would
> like to
> > discuss things there. You are welcome to participate.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Paul
>

> --
> Promotion & Communication
>
> www: http://kde.org
> Mastodon: https://mastodon.technology/@kde
> Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kde/
> Twitter: https://twitter.com/kdecommunity
>
> --

---
Johan Thelin

Recommended on-line reading:
http://www.thelins.se | http://www.foss-gbg.se
Recommended off-line reading:
The Foundations of Qt Development (ISBN: 1-59059-831-8)