[kde-embedded] Kde porting on embedded board

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Tue Dec 5 08:41:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Sunday, 3 December 2017 13:29:02 CET prakash m wrote:
> Many thanks for your reply, Now I understood that differece between both
> layers.
>
> Could you please clarify this?
>
> We have a hardware accelerated Xserver, but not accelerated wayland.if KDE
> will run it on X paltform, then why it requires Kwayland?

This is probably an oversight in the recipes, the Wayland scenario is much
better tested than the X11 one.

> What is the difference between plasma desktop and plasma mobile in yocto?

I don't think our recipes contain Plasma Desktop components yet, so not sure
what you are referring to here. In general those are two different shells for
Plasma, one for desktop devices and one for phones.

> As of know I ported the yocto-meta-kf5, now I need to have application like
> desktop. So could you please point out some of the kde application with
> desktop.

As mentioned before, we do not have Yocto recipes for applications yet.

> While porting , i face some issues on compiling , i will send some issues
> tomorrow.
>
> Example the desktoptojson binaries in native will always look the qt5
> native bianries in /usr/lib/x86-64-linux-gnu/
> Instead of yocto native qt5 binaries.

I didn't see this here, so no idea how that would happen, sorry.

Regards,
Volker