[kde-embedded] KDE for automotive initiative: report weeks 30 - 32

Agustin Benito (toscalix) abenito at kde.org
Wed Aug 16 10:08:27 UTC 2017

Hi,

after Akademy 2017 the following actions has been taken:

++ KDE Software

We have most tier 1-3 frameworks packaged and working (not included
are only legacy/porting aid frameworks, and pure host development tools).
There are only three patches pending for upstream review, every other required
KF5 change to support cross-compilation with Yocto is already integrated, the
majority even in the just released KF 5.37. One fix in Qt is also needed, that
is currently going through integration into 5.9.

Next step would be to get workspace-level components packaged, so we can bring
up something on a device we can actually show. Plasma Mobile is probably the
best starting point in that direction for now.

Check https://phabricator.kde.org/project/profile/241/ for further details

++ Promotion

No significant steps taken in this front yet. No expectation to do
anything significant until the initiative becomes solid enough.

++ KDE Community

* We have set up a project on Phabricator. Some people has already joined.
* A shared storage place is on its way so we can share documents.
* kde-embedded at kde.org will be the default communication channel.

Next steps: check https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/242/
* Timeline
* Present the initiative to the wider KDE community through a mail on
kde-community ML

++ Representation

No significant steps taken in this front yet.

Best Regards

Agustin Benito (toscalix)
KDE eV member
Profile: http://es.linkedin.com/in/toscalix