Curvefit API Requirement

Alexander Semke alexander.semke at web.de
Wed Sep 15 12:22:58 BST 2021

Hi Balu,

thank you for your interest in LabPlot!

I've checked the attached document and also as discussed in the private chat
and on the phone, the requirements are clear and we can fullfil them. Though,
to make the part of LabPlot's code embeddable in a commercial and closed-
source application we'll need to adress two points:

1. make the relevant part of LabPlot's code base available as a shared library
that can be used in other projects
2. clarify the licensing model that would allow to use our code in a closed-
source application

For the first point we successfully finalized a POC which we can improve upon
in the next days to get everything productive. For the second question we're
going to have an internal discussion tonight on our side and decide how we can
deal with this request. I'll send you another reply soon with the updates and
we can discuss the next steps.

Best Regards,
Alexander Semke