D29836: Code refactoring unifying capture initialization for new sequences and continuing of sequences

Yuri Chornoivan noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 31 15:49:39 BST 2020

yurchor added a comment.

  In D29836#674265 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29836#674265>, @wreissenberger wrote:

  > > Great work Wolfgang, this indeed requires quite a bit of testing. Can you submit it directly to Gitlab? https://invent.kde.org/education/kstars
  >
  > I need a little bit of support how to create a new merge request on gitlab. I've imported my kstars clone from Github, but it does not know its upstream repository.
  >
  > Any hints?

  Generally, it can be done as follows

  1. Fork the repo on gitlab with the "Fork" button.
  2. Clone the repo.
  3. Create a remote for the upstream for the future syncing: git remote add upstream https://invent.kde.org/education/kstars.git
  4. Sync the upstream: git fetch upstream && git merge upstream/master
  5. Create the feature branch: git checkout -b feature_branch
  6. Apply patch from Phabricator: git am D29835 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29835>.patch
  7. Push the branch: git push -u origin feature_branch
  8. Copy and paste the link for the merge request from console to the browser.
  9. Allow squashing, changing, and deleting the branch after merging.
  10. Should something need to be changed, it is enough just to push the changes into the branch to update the merge request.

  It is also helpful to star KStars repo on gitlab (that star button on the main repo page) and watch it to review the incoming merge requests (the bell button on the main page -> Watch).

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars