D29440: Move 2 logging statements from debug to info. printed only once per focus session.

Doug Summers noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 5 14:08:19 BST 2020

dmsummers added a comment.

  Jasem,   I'd like to respectfully disagree with you on both your assertions and ask you to reconsider.   Given that a plot method has already been created by another user, it shows that I'm not the only user who would envision plotting the summary.   There is a big difference between debugging and performance monitoring/analysis.   I'm suggesting that the summary info is perfectly in step with what INFO level should support.   While the other focus algorithms are inconsistent in what/how INFO summary data is provided (a generalized problem probably needing to be addressed separately), they do provide INFO summary data consistent with this request (focuser position, HFR).    I submitted the request when I saw that Hy's algorithm wasn't consistent with INFO data from the other algorithms.   It's true that I can turn on debug to get the summary, but it shouldn't be true that if users want to monitor performance post-run, they should need to turn on debug.   Hopefully after you reconsider the difference between debugging and performance monitoring/analysis, you'll agree.   Cheers,  Doug

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars