Digital Solidarity in Italy

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Mar 10 21:29:32 GMT 2020

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 12:14 PM Veggero Nylo
<niccolo.venerandi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> The Italian government has recently started a program called "Digital Solidarity" where organizations and companies can offer free products to people in quarantined areas (currently, the whole Italian population) regarding Connectivity and Services, ELearning, Information and Entertainment and Smart Working. There is a easy form on the same page asking for information regarding what is offered and Codice Fiscale / Partita Iva (which translates to VAT code, I think). You can find more about it here. I think this could be an opportunity to advertise our Education suite, especially GCompris which also works on Windows, plus the GCompris website is translated to Italian. The Italian version of the kde edu page is also nice. I think it can be worth a shot.
> Niccolò Venerandi

Hi Niccolò,
Sounds interesting, maybe you would be interested in facilitating this contact?

If there's some other KDE Edu application or otherwise that you also
think should be on Windows or Android, it's something we can also look
into. KDE Edu should be fairly easy to package for other platforms.

Aleix