D26509: Fix manualfocusdrive based focus bug due to fix in commit de12d97ddefc

Eric Dejouhanet noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 8 15:43:37 GMT 2020

TallFurryMan added a comment.

  I cannot test this, so I offer pedantic comments ;)

INLINE COMMENTS

> indifocuser.cpp:178
> +        if (dir == FOCUS_INWARD)
> +            steps = -steps;
>          focusProp = baseDevice->getNumber("manualfocusdrive");

This makes "steps" the opposite of its previous value. If your intent is to make an inward move result in a negative value, you should consider the sign of "steps" at some point.

> indifocuser.cpp:185
> +            if (abs(steps) < 2)
> +                steps = 2;

If your observation is that the Z6 <https://phabricator.kde.org/Z6> fails on steps = 1, you should test for that. Your code is stating that values - 1, 0 and +1 make the Z6 <https://phabricator.kde.org/Z6> fail.

If you noticed your specific device has a deviation, you might want to create an informative flag when the property is created, instead of comparing a string everytime you move the focuser. But this is minor.

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars