D29008: Use the mount Pier Side property to manage Pier Flip

Eric Dejouhanet noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 22 10:15:14 BST 2020

TallFurryMan added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mutlaqja wrote in capture.cpp:6831
> Isn't this getting casted to QString? I saw we avoid C strings in the code. Perhaps the only change required here is more friendly names.

It is getting cast of course, but my point is that the function has no reason to return a QString when what it returns is a pooled char pointer. When the caller function wants to use the raw string (see QTest's fixture identifiers for instance) it must re-convert the QString back to StdString and retrieve the C internal pointer to the array. Lazy conversion is always best.

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars