D25380: Abort plate solving when slewing is detected

Wolfgang Reissenberger noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 20 06:02:50 GMT 2019

wreissenberger added a comment.

  @mutlaqja: I think the origin of the star trails is a behavior of many mounts that you fixed for iOptron. I observed a "hickup" in the logs of a 10micron mount, where EQUATORIAL_EOD_COORD shows the following status after a slew is issued:

  - IS_BUSY
  - IS_OK
  - IS_BUSY
  - IS_BUSY
  - ...

  My explanation is the following: when a slew command is issued, the immediate status response is IS_BUSY - so everything is fine at this stage. This is the standard behavior of inditelescope.cpp, which many mounts use as basis.

  The problem comes in when EKOS asks for the scope status shortly after the slew command has been issued. It seems like some mounts then answer with IPS_OK **although** it has already received a slew command, but has not started to execute it.

  If this happens, EKOS gets confused because it could rightfully assume that the slew command is already finished.

  So I think the best way to fix this for all mounts is moving your iOptron fix up to inditelescope.cpp, because I would not be surprised if many mounts show this behavior and it is not iOptron specific.

  But since I do not have a test scenario where I could reliably reproduce this situation, I postponed my idea fixing INDI and created this fix to make the align module more robust.

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars

BRANCH
  align_startrails