D25380: Abort plate solving when slewing is detected

Jasem Mutlaq noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 19 23:04:46 GMT 2019

mutlaqja added a comment.

  Thanks! I have to test this thoroughly. Btw, I believe I encountered the "star trails" issue only a couple of times in the last few years. I believe it is also related to driver race conditions such as what was happening to iOptron:

  1. Ekos commands slew.
  2. Ekos now considers Slew in progress.
  3. Mount accepts slew, but still think it is tracking. It sends IPS_OK
  4. Ekos thinks tracking is complete, and then waits for settle ms to complete.
  5. After settle-ms is complete, it captures an image to solve.

  I propose that in step 5, we do another sanity check. We check if mount is _still_ tracking or not. If not, then we bail and wait until it stops. Does this sounds like a reasonable solution?

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars

BRANCH
  align_startrails