D22507: Tooltip Framework for m_statsTable in HypothesisTestView

Alexander Semke noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jul 28 20:43:04 BST 2019

asemke added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> devanshuagarwal wrote in HypothesisTest.cpp:1578
> No, I don't think that can be done. Because when the user clicks on the word, the information we get is the global position and data of the selected word. While creating the map we didn't know apriori the global position of the word where the tooltip is to be set.
>
> So, to avoid collisions, we have to work on getting the global position of each word apriori.

I didn't refer to the word or to the global position. My suggestion was to create in Cell::Cell() an unique identifier (use a random number maybe) and use it via cell-id() as the key in the map.

> devanshuagarwal wrote in HypothesisTest.h:85
> Ok, I had done removed pointer from tooltips as I also found it unnecessary. Now, for all pointers I created, I have deleted them.

What I meant was use QMap<QString, QString> tooltips instead of QMap<QString, QString>* tooltips.

> devanshuagarwal wrote in HypothesisTestPrivate.h:103
> Yes,  I am using that only to actually the function definition is:
>
>   bool GeneralTest::isNumericOrInteger(const Column* column) {
>       return (column->columnMode() == AbstractColumn::Numeric || column->columnMode() == AbstractColumn::Integer);
>   }
>
> Its is just that this is used many times in code so I wanted to use something short.
> Is using macro for this purpose more appropriate?

instead of this function you can simply use column->isNumeric().

REPOSITORY
  R262 LabPlot