D17914: Add improved lesson for Italian
noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 2 11:47:30 GMT 2019
simgunz created this revision.
Herald added a project: KDE Edu.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-edu.
simgunz requested review of this revision.
I think that the current KTouch trainer for Italian is suboptimal for the following reasons:
- Too many letters learned at once in a lesson (up to eight per lesson!)
- The first two lessons make the user use one single hand at the time
- Too many lessons are mane of combination of characters instead of meaningful words (suboptimal for learning)
- Lessons where symbols are taught include too few symbols respect the total number of typed characters
The proposed lesson fix the previous problems, in particular:
- Only the first three lessons includes combination of characters instead of meaningful words
- All lessons make the user use both hands
- The lessons where symbols are thaugh include a symbol after each word
- The new symbols represent the 50% of all the symbols in the lesson
- Added new lessons for numbers
- The lessons for learning symbols and numbers include words of up to seven characters to minimize the time spent on typing letters instead of symbols/numbers
The only drawback is that symbols are not learned in common phrases as the current italian lesson does,
but this provides the advantage of a more focused learning on the symbols with less time spent in typing text.
Cc: kde-edu, narvaez, apol
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the kde-edu