D17850: Tutorial screen added for odd even activity

Johnny Jazeix noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 1 20:11:41 GMT 2019

jjazeix requested changes to this revision.
jjazeix added a comment.

  Thank you for the patch.
  I have this warning when I start the activity: qrc:/gcompris/src/core/Tutorial.qml:187:9: Unable to assign [undefined] to QUrl

  The same tutorial is also displayed in case of other activities using the same base code (as planegame for example) and it's not expected.

  When I continue on the tutorial: qrc:/gcompris/src/activities/planegame/resource/tutorial2.qml:66:7: QML GCText: Cannot anchor to an item that isn't a parent or sibling.

INLINE COMMENTS

> planegame.js:49
> +            {
> +                "instruction": qsTr("Even numbers are those numbers which leaves remainder 0 when divisible by 2."),
> +                "instructionQml" : "qrc:/gcompris/src/activities/planegame/resource/tutorial1.qml"

Even numbers are numbers which leave remainder 0 when divisible by 2.

> planegame.js:54
> +                "instruction": qsTr("Odd numbers are those numbers which do not leaves remainder 0 when divisible by 2."),
> +                "instructionQml": "qrc:/gcompris/src/activities/planegame/resource/tutorial.qml"
> +            },

why starting with "tutorial1", then "tutorial", then "tutorial2" as filename and not order them?

> tutorial.qml:13
> +    GCText {
> +        id :even
> +        anchors.centerIn: parent.Center

id: even

> tutorial.qml:15
> +        anchors.centerIn: parent.Center
> +        text: "For example: \n 15, 19, 51 , 65 , 103 , \n 119 , 169 , 185 , 505 , 533 , \n 701 , 799 , 845 , 897 , 1001. \n All of these numbers  are odd numbers as  they \n do not leave remainder 0 when divisible by 2."
> +        font.pixelSize: parent.height * 0.1

2 spaces between "numbers" and "are"

> tutorial1.qml:13
> +        anchors.centerIn: parent.Center
> +        text: "For example: \n 12 , 38 , 52 , 68 , 102 , \n 118 , 168 , 188 , 502 , 532 , \n 700 , 798 , 842 , 892 , 1000. \n All of these numbers  are even numbers as they leave\n remainder 0 when divisible by 2."
> +        font.pixelSize: parent.height * 0.1

Some spaces shouldn't be there to separate the numbers.
It's not up to the developer to put the \n, the item should correctly handle the break lines and the text should not be outside the screen when we resize it.

> tutorial2.qml:13
> +    GCText {
> +        id:text1
> +        anchors {

variable naming is not good

> tutorial2.qml:42
> +            }
> +            text: qsTr("2")
> +            font.pixelSize: parent.height * 0.8

why do you want to translate 2?

> tutorial2.qml:97
> +    GCText {
> +        text: qsTr("Great")
> +        font.pixelSize: parent.height * 0.5

you probably can use only one GCText to display if it is good or not and change the text accordingly

> tutorial3.qml:117
> +    GCText {
> +        text: qsTr("No,this is not an even number as it do not leaves remainder 0 when divisible by 2.")
> +        font.pixelSize: parent.height * 0.1

it does not leave

REPOSITORY
  R2 GCompris