Sonification of KmPlot?

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sat Apr 27 12:48:23 BST 2019

субота, 27 квітня 2019 р. 13:49:54 EEST ви написали:
> Reading about KmPlot, I'm struck by the idea that it might be a
> very interesting starting point for a blind-accessible math tool.
> Has any thought been given to creating a version that relies only
> on text input and sonified audio output?  Are there any interfaces
> that could be co-opted to support this sort of thing?
>
> -r

Hi,

Actually, KmPlot can be completely controlled through DBus. For example, you
can use the script

#! /bin/sh

process_id=`/bin/ps -fu $USER| grep "kmplot" | grep -v "grep" | awk '{print
$2}'`
qdbus org.kde.kmplot-$process_id /parser org.kde.kmplot.Parser.addFunction
"f(x)=2*sin(x)+3*cos(x)" ""

to build f(x)=2*sin(x)+3*cos(x)

Other documentation on this can be found here (the official KmPlot docs):

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kdeedu/kmplot/dbus.html

KmPlot interface should be accessible using Orca screen reader (not tested).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri,
a kind of the current KmPlot maintainer