D15546: Fix Scheduler slewing stage andwq dome interaction.

Eric Dejouhanet noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 16 09:25:49 BST 2018

TallFurryMan added a comment.

  Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with your changes. I am using slewStatus as a mean to check the mount is still there, because there's nothing else I can rely on. The problem is really to manage, on one hand, the best case, that is, the interface has a working connection with the device, and the problematic case, that is, the interface lost contact but because no one is requesting anything, no event will ever come up.

  I believe my changes are temporary, as indicated in the FIXME: we need an event that says "something is wrong", even if the interface is not requested to do anything. If you can provide an event source that goes to setMountStatus that notifies such loss, we can build on that.

  Right now, I chose to poll slewStatus to preserve the existing feature, but from the point of view of the Scheduler we cannot be sure the mount connection is checked when using that property. We need a dedicated event.

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars