D12504: Fix problem with first entry for scilab backend

Alexander Semke noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 1 06:34:58 UTC 2018

asemke added a comment.

  I cannot reproduce the problem with the first expression never ending. Which expression do you use?

  Also here, the behavior and the implementation is inconsistent for different backends. For some backends like maxima we have a hard coded list of keywords, for others we fetch this list from the backend. In order to make the syntax highlighting and completion possible we need to always login for such backends in Worksheet::showCompletion() which breaks the whole idea of postponing the login. With your patch you won't have, if I see it correctly, no syntax highlighting and completion until the login is done. So, for saved scilab projects and for new projects where there user wants to write down some code first and evaluate later there will be no syntax highlighting and completion.

  I'd rather also re-factor this part in Cantor. The syntax highlighting and completion should be implemented with the help of KSyntaxHighlighting as proposed in T5382 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T5382>. Once this is implemented we can remove a lot of code in Cantor and also really do the login if it's really required for evaluations.

REPOSITORY
  R55 Cantor