Cantor with sage

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Mar 18 11:39:39 UTC 2018

пʼятниця, 16 березня 2018 р. 23:26:01 EET C.Scharnagl at physik.uni-muenchen.de
написано:
> Quoting Alexander Semke <alexander.semke at web.de>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 10.03.2018 00:42, C.Scharnagl at physik.uni-muenchen.de wrote:
> >> Hello
> >> I would like to use Cantor 17.04 with the Sage Modul, however
> >> Cantor does not find my sage installation automatically. Under
> >> preferences / General there is a text field that is called standard
> >> modul but I don't know what to type in it? How can I tell cantor
> >> where to find the sage installation?
> >
> > Under "General" you can provide the default module that will be
> > automatically started on Cantor start. In order Cantor to be able to
> > find your sage installation, you need to provide the path to the
> > sage-executable in the Sage-section in the preferences.
>
> Thank you for your answer. I can't find a sage section in my
> preferences. There is only "General" and "Qalculate".

Hi,

This means that no Sage backend was compiled in your distribution. Try
recompile and reinstall Cantor by your own.

git clone git://anongit.kde.org/cantor.git
cd cantor
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ..
(take a look if Sage backend will be compiled)
make
make install/strip

Best regards,
Yuri