D17697: Fix the list of file types in Kig "Open File" dialog

Pino Toscano noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 20 13:53:55 GMT 2018

pino added a comment.

  In D17697#379955 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17697#379955>, @yurchor wrote:

  > In D17697#379954 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17697#379954>, @pino wrote:

  > > > Please explain this part. Thanks in advance.
  > >

  > > Filtering by MIME type is not the same as filtering by extension. MIME type detection is based on extension //and// content, which makes file identification much better.
  >

  > That code is almost literally borrowed from the official Qt example. It does exactly what you are saying + allows to open "All files" if the detection fails.

  Getting the extensions of the MIME types basically throws away the indentification done with MIME types itself. This for example means that conflicting extensions will not be solved by file content detection.
  Also, remember that the examples are code like the rest of the applications, and they can have bugs as well...

  >   But Ok, you hate me and I will rewrite it as you wish.

  I don't hate you. If you propose code for review, than I give //my// opinion based on //my// experience, which (at least from a programming POV) is still wider than yours.

REPOSITORY
  R331 Kig