D11626: Fix octave backend problem with repetitive addition of function `cantor_print ()` in worksheet

Alexander Semke noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 3 07:19:39 UTC 2018

asemke added a comment.

  In D11626#238740 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11626#238740>, @sirgienko wrote:

  > In D11626#238716 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11626#238716>, @asemke wrote:
  >
  > > I don't see where and when this "cantor_plot" is executed Here the debug output for me  for the plot expression after i=1:2:100, w=i/10 and plot(i/10,w):
  > >  Can you please send the output you get and maybe also attach your test file?
  >

  > Write test worksheet and run it:
  >  F5782313: изображение.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5782313>
  >  Save it and reopen:
  >  F5782341: изображение.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5782341>

  Oh, sorry, I was looking for cantor_plot* and not for cantor_print. Now I've got it. Your fix makes sense. But add those contains-calls into the if-statement so we don't need to call QString::contains() twice for nothing in case m_plotPending is false. Simply use

    if (m_plotPending && !cmd.contains(QLatin1String("cantor_plot")) && !cmd.contains(QLatin1String(printCommand)))

  Do you want to upload a new diff with this change or should I create a commit and push it?

  > (Well, i also found, that if I save worksheet, close it (but don't close cantor) and open again, entries never end calculation and backend restart cause SEGFAULT)
  >  (I can open saved worksheet only if I don't run octave before opening in this session)
  >  (@asemke, could you reproduce this problem?)

  I have similar problem(s) - after fresh start of cantor and openning a saved worksheet there is syntax highlighting, execution saved entries fails and there is a crash when doing "backend restart".

  > What about this `cantor_print()` (`15.12` 'stable' cantor also have this problem): each time, when you save worksheet this command is added to worksheet (not more than once per cantor session)

  Let's concentrate on 18.04 now. We have two outstanding problems that need to be urgently fixed - running of the saved project and missing latex output.

REPOSITORY
  R55 Cantor