Guidance for contribution

Christoph Feck cfeck at kde.org
Wed Oct 19 01:05:22 UTC 2016

On 18.10.2016 18:40, harshagarwal wrote:
> Thank You,Will you please guide me on how to start contribution.?

First, you need to set a goal. What do you want to improve? Any bug that
bothers you? Any feature that you would think would be nice to have? Any
other idea to make our products or websites better?
Your creativity counts. We do not force a task on you. Do not just start
with a random simple task, but with a task that you are eager to spend
your energy on.

Then, you will certainly need help to move forward to reach the goal.
You will need help setting up your system. Need help wading through our
(maybe outdated or incorrect) documentation. Get the help you need by
searching the net, the forums, the mailing lists. If you get stuck, tell
us what you have done so far. Ask on mailing lists, freenode IRC
channels, or developer forums.

You need patience and persistence, but you are rewarded with fun and
experience.

--
Christoph Feck
KDE Quality Team