Dictionary files for Parley

Christoph Feck cfeck at kde.org
Mon Oct 17 01:33:42 UTC 2016

On 16.10.2016 19:22, Andreas Cord-Landwehr wrote:
> thanks for your feedback, just had a look at your problem. Actually, "Network
> error" is kind-of OK, since there is really a connection problem to the Get-
> Hot-New-Stuff server.
> Actually, there are two problems you discovered:
>
> - the GHNS server settings broke during the recent change to the new KDE
> store, I just filled an upstream issue at the store and will take care that
> this will work again

Could you please tell us where we can report issues with store.kde.org?
I recently tried reporting several migration issues (missing categories,
missing contents, missing mail notifications) to the address given at
its "Contact" section, but without any feedback.

> - in the meantime, in the download dialog you can simply select the category
> and change it, which will show you all other downloads that are provided by
> different servers (yes, here is another bug that prevents the UI from updating
> when an error occurs; will look into that, should be easy to fix)
>
> However, for the future it would be great if you can report bugs via
> bugs.kde.org. This helps to keep them better organized than via mailing list.

These types of issues really make users believing they are doing
something wrong, because if other (KDE developers) would see those
issues, they would fix them.

Note that I do not blame anyone here, but the transition of
openDesktop.org services to whomever (KDE sysadmins?) came a bit
unexpected (at least for me), and I am sure if we had more time to check
migration issues, we could have avoided the confusion.

Christoph Feck
KDE Quality Team