Cyrillic Mongolian keyboard for KTouch

Sebastian Gottfried sebastian.gottfried at posteo.de
Tue Nov 1 08:15:45 UTC 2016

Hi Oliver,

> Several keyboards layout, as English, Spanish, fFench one have
> auto-generated lessons. Is there updated tools for that, or is the the
> old script still used and a converter help to convert to current format
> for those lessons ?
I am not a big believer in auto generated lessons. The output of the script
contained a lot of words which looked like real words of the target language
but with a lot typos. Training on these is a terrible idea. You may end up
with strange combinations in your muscle memory.

Instead one should train on real words, or even better, real texts without any
errors. This obviously pretty difficult in early lessons with only a few
characters available but gets easier with each key introduced.

When I established the new file format for KTouch I converting all existing
courses to the new format, including the auto-generated ones since this is
still better than having no lessons at all. There is no updated versions of
the generator scripts available.

For new courses I really like to see hand-crafted lessons for the reasons
outlined above. Please use the course editor bundled with KTouch to create
lessons.

Best regards,
Sebastian