Kanagram for Indic languages

Yogesh योगि yogesh at karnatakaeducation.org.in
Wed Dec 28 15:27:06 UTC 2016

On 12/21/2016 04:31 AM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dimarts, 20 de desembre de 2016, a les 10:07:39 CET, Yogesh योगि va escriure:
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> I'm trying to use Kanagram for Indic languages like Kannada but I see
>> letters split at the joining of complex text in the language. Has anyone
>> tried out Kanagram for Indic languages before? Is there a way to fix
>> this splitting of letters??
>>
>> Here's the screenshot of splitting letters -
>> https://postimg.org/image/i3nxyof3d/
>> The splitting obviously doesn't happen with hints -
>> https://postimg.org/image/8ke957rl5/
> I had a look at those screens and I see nothing wrong.
>
> You'll have to bear with us poor non Kannada readers and be more specific
> about what's wrong and what you would expect to happen (maybe post a "fixed"
> screenshot edited with kolourpaint or something).

Sorry for not being specific here and thank you for asking.

Please look at this screenshot of original word and possible anagrams -
https://postimg.org/image/jzxshpr93/

Complex letter *ನ್ನ* in original word *ಕನ್ನಡ* is conjunct of three
characters ( ನ + ್ + ನ ) which has to be shown as one single letter as
in the case of possible anagrams in the above screenshot link. But
Kanagram is splitting this one letter to multiple characters (್  ನ  ನ )
when it generates a anagram in this example screenshot -
https://postimg.org/image/i3nxyof3d/

Expected behavior is to show character ನ್ನ correctly instead of
splitting it. Hope I could explain it clearly. Please let me know if I
can help more here. This case is similar in all of the Indic languages
that I know.

And also in the latest versions of Kanagram that I'm using on Ubuntu
16.04, I can no longer create/edit vocabulary files from within the
Configure Kanagram Menu - https://postimg.org/image/cw802km5f/. I had to
find/create new *.kvtml file in kde app directory in
/usr/share/apps/kvtml/ to edit them - https://postimg.org/image/3pppfagwz/

cheers,

--
Yogi