Help panel in Cantor

Alexander Semke Alexander.Semke at web.de
Wed Jun 17 09:37:53 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm not getting the idea behind the help panel in cantor. Can somebody help?
What is supposed to be shown there? Looking into the code I see that the
content of KTextEdit in helppanelplugin.cpp is updated when an expression of
type "HelpResult" was got in worksheet.cpp. What kind of expression is this?

Naively, I expected to get the documentation for the currently used backend.
E.g., maxima comes with an extensive documentation in html format. Also, help
contents and help index files are provided (.hhc and .hhk files). wxMaxima is
able to show this help. It would be great to integrate such kind of
documentation in cantor too. Something similar to what kdevelop does with
external help files would be of great value for the user.

Regards
Alexander