Organizing a KDE Edu sprint

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Dec 4 09:56:20 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 1:20 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> El Thursday 03 December 2015, a les 00:13:26, Aleix Pol va escriure:
>> On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I've been pointed out the possibility to hold a sprint in CERN between
>> > the 7th to 13th of March 2016 [1] together with WikiToLearn.
>> >
>> > We haven't had a sprint for a while now and I think  this could be a
>> > good opportunity, given that a considerable amount of us can be there,
>> > hence this e-mail. What do you think?
>> > Furthermore, I think it would be good to meet with the WikiToLearn
>> > team and see if there's maybe ways where we could work together.
>> >
>> > If you're interested and available, please add yourself here:
>> > https://sprints.kde.org/sprint/291
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Aleix
>> >
>> > [1] http://ideasquare.web.cern.ch/
>>
>> Nobody? Really? :/
>
> I'd really like to mingle with the WikiToLearn people at CERN. On the other
> hand i have not done much of edu work lately so I am not sure I can justify
> myself being there a whole week, moreover when it overlaps my birthday.
>
> When's the ETA for deciding about it?

Well, the biggest concern is that we might be left out of room in the
hostel. Apparently the hostel at CERN runs out quite early. It's still
possible to find something a bit farther away, but it's not ideal.

Nevertheless, it's not very useful is to keep pushing this if there
isn't a number of people in the group interested in coming.

Aleix