preparations for the next release of LabPlot

Alexander Semke Alexander.Semke at web.de
Tue Sep 2 20:35:52 UTC 2014

Hi Albert,

> I'm confused here, you can't be in extragear and review at the same time,
> and you can't be in extragear and kdeedu at the same time either. Let me
> explain the thing:
> [...]
You're right. I completely messed up, sorry. We're now in KDE Review and want
to move to extragear first.

> Icons have always been a hard thing to do, not many of us know how to draw
> something pretty, try https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-artists or
> https://forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=285&sid=5d9c1611b1f9114904f9c825be0eeb
> 1f and see if you have some luck.
Ok. I'll try. Thanks for the pointer.

> What are you thinking, moving http://labplot.sourceforge.net (which ideally
> is something we'd want so it's all under .kde.org umbrella as mandated by
> the manigesto) or just a icon/link?
Ideally I'd like to see LabPlot listed as an application under edu.kde.org. We
would then (partially) move the content and adjust the design to the look&feel
of edu.kde.org. At some point we'll then close the project at SF completely.
The repository is already moved and the mailing lists are barely used anyway.
Homepage is the last thing we have to migrate. But is this actually possible
at all? To have the application in extragear and to be listed under
edu.kde.org? I guess not...  Kst, a similar software, is in extragear and has
it's own homepage not under edu.kde.org ...

Regards
Alexander